Coach Builders - Hooper
Hooper more than any other company, founded their considerable reputation on Royal patronage. Established in 1830 in the Haymarket, London, they held royal warrants from 1830 until they closed after the second world war. By 1904Hoopers & Co (Coachbuilders) Ltd, had established showrooms in St James Street in Londons West End and their coachbuilding factory at Chelsea was the biggest of its kind in London Their clients included The Emperor of Japan, The King of Egypt and the Shah of Persia They exhibited 3 models at the 1959 Motor Show, but these were in the nature of a swan song. The models were never repeated, and that year Hoopers ceased finally to make Coachwork for "royal and distinguished patrons".